We appreciate your patience as we attempt to assist all of our clients in a seamless and timely transition. In preparation for closure of the office August 28, 2020, medical files will be transferred according to the following guidelines:
- We strongly encourage you to make arrangements to transfer your cat’s medical file to a new veterinary provider as soon as possible. This is important for all cats, but especially critical for senior cats and cats with chronic medical conditions that are receiving frequent medical assessments and/or are on long-term medications.
- After August 15, 2020, if we have not transferred files to a new veterinarian, our clients will be receiving an email with a digital version of their cat’s medical file. If we do not have an updated email address, we ask that you contact us using your updated email to request these files. Direct your email to email@example.com
- Where medical care is not immediately required, we regret that we cannot accommodate specific requests for medical files to be transferred directly to the client prior to August 15, 2020. Our client base exceeds 2000 individuals, and as we are continuing to function as an active veterinary hospital for the next 2 months, we are not able to accommodate requests of this type at this time.
- If you have found a new veterinarian and need to have your cat’s file transferred to a specific clinic for active medical care, you or your new veterinarian are welcome to email the request for your cat’s medical file to firstname.lastname@example.org. Information provided about upcoming appointment times and dates will help us to transfer the file in a timely manner.
- According to guidelines set forth by the College of Veterinarians of Ontario, medical records for patients that have been actively cared for at the clinic in the last 5 years (August 2015 to present) have been retained and will be available for digital transfer.
- According to guidelines set forth by the College of Veterinarians of Ontario, medical records for patients that have been actively cared for at the clinic in the last 5 years (August 2015 to present) will be available for request until August 31, 2022. Following this date, the files will no longer be available.
- According to guidelines set forth by the College of Veterinarians of Ontario, medical records are not retained for patients that have not been seen at the clinic in the last 5 years(not since before August 2015). If your cat(s) has not been seen at the clinic since before August 2015, medical records are not available for transfer.
- For more information, including frequently asked questions, please visit our website: